STYLE YOUR LIFE
I have loved design since I could hold a pencil. I believe that our homes are the epicenter of our lives. So why not live in it passionately? My goal with every design project is to create design that lasts. To form eye catching color palettes, blend diverse textures and mix in beautiful furnishings. But also it is to have a relationship with a home and the people who inhabit it. In the end, the highest compliment I can receive is that a client was treated carefully, honestly and creatively.
Life is not perfect. The peonies from the photo shoot will die and there will be pasta sauce accidentally spilled on the new sofa. The memorable environments are detailed and thoughtful but you can feel the soul of it’s inhabitants and what is important to them.
So, my goal is to design luxuriously with an attention to detail. Then you can leave your own patina and mark and open the doors to fill it with the people you love.
“The best interiors should make your heart pound.”
While in college earning a degree in Psychology, which she credits for helping in working effectively and cooperatively with clients, Phoebe did an internship at the fabric house, F Schumacher and Co. This re-ignited her passion for interiors and prompted her to follow up college with a degree attained from New York School of Interior Design in New York City’s Upper East Side. During that time she benefited from an apprenticeship at Victoria Hagan, a residential interior design firm based in Manhattan.
Since being back in Boston, Phoebe worked at Rafanelli Events, an event planning company before going to work at the wonderful shop, Trove in Weston MA where she assisted in the buying and visual merchandising of high end personal and home accessories and furnishings. During her time at Trove, she began to attain interior design jobs and finally decided to jump in whole heartedly and established Lovejoy Designs LLC in 2007.
- Your style is never wrong.
- If you don’t have a clue where to start, look in your closet. Likely the colors you wear will be colors you’d like to live in too.
- Use the same color twice when putting a room together.
- Its ok to mix metal finishes.
- If you want big changes fast, throw some paint up on those walls. It will transform your space.
- Always have 3 layers of light or more.
- Have one statement piece in every room. Don’t have anything? Visit a flea market or antique store.
- Clean up for your guests.
- Fresh cut flowers are an instant face lift for a space.
- Invest in a cozy blanket.
- Open your eyes to your surroundings and listen to yourself, you are your best design guide.